Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Images ?

Re: Images ? 05 Jan 2012 14:05 #846

• Rob
  • Thank you received: 2
Thanks for the pointers and fix. Unfortunately I have hit similar problems again.

I checked the settings against the table and page (thumbnail settings, etc.)

On first rebuild, on edit the page looked fine, I was able to load the image and save, but once I saved it the page rendered again without CSS and this time the following error was against the image component.

JError: Unable to load JDom class : JDomHtmlFormInputFileRemove

Just in case I was carrying over anything from the first set up, I then removed the image upload field (pic1) from page and table and the pages worked properly as before. I have just added a replacement image field (photo1) using Image Picker option, checked all setting on both table and page and on running it I have unfortunately got a non css page with this error against the image field.

JError: Unable to load JDom class : JDomHtmlFormInputFileRemove
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: admin

Re: Images ? 05 Jan 2012 14:16 #848

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Chef
  • Thank you received: 985
Yes, thank you for this review.

It should be solved now.

This part is quite complicated for me.
I'm so sorry.
Coding is now a piece of cake

Re: Images ? 05 Jan 2012 14:54 #852

• Rob
No need to apologise, am very grateful that you are adding this feature! :)

Seemed ok on first build as Edit Page rendered fine but on clicking the image upload I got a request to login to cook in the dialogue box where I think the image selection options were to be.

I then changed the Input on the field from Image Picker to Uploader option.

On rebuild I got the Generation Error "A previous generated built is currently deleting. Please retry." a few times. Unfortunately on the rebuild I was back to a non css page and the JError: Unable to load JDom class : JDomHtmlFlyFileImage.

I am happy to help with testing and am at this point using Firefox 9.0.1 on Windows 7 64bit if that helps.

Re: Images ? 05 Jan 2012 15:10 #854

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Chef
Seemed ok on first build as Edit Page rendered fine but on clicking the image upload I got a request to login to cook in the dialogue box where I think the image selection options were to be.

And I guess you was correctly logged in ?
I check this.

On rebuild I got the Generation Error "A previous generated built is currently deleting. Please retry." a few times.
Absolutly normal. When you regenerate, the previous component is deleted. If you regenerate to fast, the engine don't had suppressed all the files. Wait 10 seconds and retry.
This can be better, using different directories names each times, but it is not the priority for now.

Unfortunately on the rebuild I was back to a non css page and the JError: Unable to load JDom class : JDomHtmlFlyFileImage.

Still a missing required file.
NOW, it should works properly !!!!
Please regenerate.

I check now the image picker and your problem you have in sandbox where it ask you a login.

Re: Images ? 05 Jan 2012 15:21 #858

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Chef
It is so funny, because you have exactly the same problems than mosss.

www.j-cook.pro/forum/7-design-your-application/844-images

Well, I think it is a Joomla issue. I aready seen this and I know how to solve it. Give me few minutes.

Re: Images ? 05 Jan 2012 15:28 #859

• Rob
OK. On last test adding page was OK, but editing still had no CSS and the error. Will hold until I hear from you.

Re: Images ? 05 Jan 2012 15:43 #860

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Chef
Imagepicker is working now.

For the missing file, can you regenerate, and send me the link of the concerned page ?

Thanks.
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2012 15:46 by admin.

Re: Images ? 05 Jan 2012 17:08 #864

• mossss
  • Premium Member
  • Thank you received: 7
all seems working fine in my test now.

Only remaining issue for me is that when using the image picker in a front end form when installed in Jooma, I am still getting the "You are not authorised to view this resource." message so am unable to use it.

This is while signed in as SuperUser and with all permissions set. I've checked that when creating an article, I can use the image picker.

Not sure whether to use the uploader or the image picker. You mention that security is an issue, could you explain a little what the issue is, when you have a bit of time...

thanks

Re: Images ? 05 Jan 2012 20:04 #865

• admin
  • Administrator
  • Chef
The problem with the image picker come from Joomla. There is an opened ticket on this. You have to apply a patch.

Here the ticket :
joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker...racker_item_id=25288

Not sure whether to use the uploader or the image picker. You mention that security is an issue, could you explain a little what the issue is, when you have a bit of time...

- The file uploader is when each different file relate to different database items. You cannot reuse an existing file to associate to another item. Each time you want to reuse a file, you have to upload it again.
In reallity, you can also combine both uploader and picker in differents forms, but I tell you the idea

- The imagepicker is much more used when you have a collection of images and you want to make associations. A same file can be reused many times.
Imagepicker only works with images.

About the security :
It depends who can upload...
If you allow the final user to upload, it is much more better to avoid the possibility to acces directly the uploaded file.
For example, a simple php script hidden inside an image can pass the mime validation and the 'getsize()' validation too. If the user can access DIRECTLY the file, it execute it and it is finished for you.
Well, there are many securities, CHMOD on file and on folder against execution...

For the sandbox, the problem was about direct file access. You can see that com_media has been hacked and you never discover the real files paths. Each image is called trough index.php?option=com_....

That's the main difference.

If you have choice, I encourage you to use the uploader. Your component is much more independent. Depends what you prefers. Also if you want indirect file access. com_media doesn't support this.
Last Edit: 05 Jan 2012 20:07 by admin.

Re: Images ? 06 Jan 2012 00:52 #886

• mossss
  • Premium Member
Thanks for the security explanation. Food for thought..

Re: Images ? 06 Jan 2012 08:23 #889

• mossss
  • Premium Member
The patch worked fine.

One last problem though. I have two image pickers on the same form. You can pick the images ok, but when try to save, the first image always gets stored into the second image field.

The image uploader input type does work fine though with 2 on the same page.

Re: Images ? 07 Jan 2012 15:55 #907

• felichon
  • Hello world :-)
Hello admin, B)

Happy New Year 2012 !

Thank you for adding the option and image files. :whistle:

Have you provided a tutorial for using the images and files? I tried to see how it works, but I did not understand how to add and use images.

Friendly :lol:
Check out my extensions for Joomla! eliopro.fr
Last Edit: 07 Jan 2012 16:04 by felichon.

Re: Images ? 08 Jan 2012 08:51 #909

• mossss
  • Premium Member
Hi Fellichon, it's really quite simple, here's how I have been doing it.

1. Add an Image type field to your table, just drag from the data types tab.

2. adjust the properties in the table field for file types you want to upload. You can also set a maximum upload size and there are also a few naming options. The default uploaded filename will be the same as the original, if a duplicate is uploaded, then it will add a suffix. This works fine.

3. go the the details form you want to use the field on and drag the image field you created onto it.

4. adjust the properties whether you want to use the image picker or the uploader (the uploader seems the more reliable just at the moment). click the preview checkbox if you want to see the image on the form and also adjust the size of the thumbnail that will appear when you save the form.

5. go to any grid you want an image to appear on, just drag the image field into the position you want. and again, adjust the properties. You can also choose to have a click on the image link to another view or to bring up a modal preview of the full size image.

6. you can then add the image to any other grid or fly that you would like it to appear on.

notes:

the Image uploader puts the uploaded images into the files folder within your component in a subdirectory with the folder name equal to the field name.

The image picker uses the standard Joomla image picker and puts the images into the component images folder.

The image picker does work fine, but when I last checked, if you have more than one image picker field on a form, then it doesn't quite work properly. But if only have one then it is fine.

hope that helps
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2012 04:18 by mossss.

Re: Images 09 Jan 2012 15:04 #918

• felichon
  • Hello world :-)
Ok, B)

Thank you admin for this information.

I will consider your recommendations.

@ +
Check out my extensions for Joomla! eliopro.fr
Last Edit: 09 Jan 2012 15:05 by felichon.

Re: Images 09 Jan 2012 15:14 #920

• mossss
  • Premium Member
thought I should just mention that I am not admin, I'm actually a complete novice joomla student enjoying this great tool... the above steps are just what works for me.
Time to create page: 0.341 seconds

Get Started